PRUSSIA – SCHIRMMÜTZE / VISOR CAP – OFFICER – DRAGONER-REGIMENT NR 9 – PRE WWI
This is a pre WW I officer visor cap which comes from Dragoner-Regiment König Carl I. von Rumanien (1. Hannoversches) Nr 9.
Dragoner-Regiment Nr 9 founded in 1805 and was garrisoned at Metz where it was attached to the Prussian XVI. Armeekorps. This regiment was actually in the Hannoverian army prior to the Austro-Prussian war of 1866 at which time it was absorbed into the Prussian army.
This historic regiment saw extensive service in the Napoleonic wars. Participating also in the campaigns at Göhrde, Peninsula, and the penultimate Battle of Waterloo. After the restoration of its battle honors by Kaiser Wilhelm II it was able to wear the bandeau of these battles on their pickelhauben / spiked helmet.
- Cornflower blue body
- Band of white
- Top of the cap, there is a narrow white trim band
- Officer kokard for the state of Prussia and the Reich
- Black visor (cavalry style as opposed to infantry or artillery) Which shows some cracking.
- There are a couple of small moth nips at the top of the cap and some scattered moth tracks
- Light brown leather sweatband
- Manufacturer information imprinted on the sweatband
- Liner is silk and aside from minor perspiration stains is in near mint condition
This is a fine visor cap from a very elite regiment at a fair price.