This is a fine color postcard of the Battleship S. M. S. Kaiser. She was the lead ship of the “Kaiser” Class of battleships. As the ship was commissioned in 1912, she was among the Kaiserliche Marine’s most modern battleships. All four ships served in Battleship Squadron Nr 3. This battleship class was Germany’s first to be turbine-powered, which made her faster than earlier vessels. She served at the Battle of Jutland (Skagerrak) from 31 May through 1June 1916, and suffered two minor hits. She had a crew of 1100 and carried Germany’s biggest naval cannons (30.5cm). The S. M. S. Kaiser was interned at Scapa Flow along with the bulk of the modern German fleet, where the ships were scuttled by their crews rather than hand them over to the British. The color postcard features the S. M. S. Kaiser in profile. Some technical information appears in the upper right corner. The postcard has never been mailed.