WÜRTTEMBERG – SHOULDER BOARD – MAJOR – INFANTERIE-REGIMENT NR 120
Single shoulder board for a Major who was attached to Infantry-Regiment Wilhelm König von Preußen (2. Württembergisches) Nr 120. This regiment was raised in 1673 and was garrisoned in Weingarten. It was attached to the XIII. Armeekorps. For an officer of the rank of Major he would have been a Battalion commander or perhaps on the staff of the Regimental commander.
- chevrons on the shoulder board are a combination of red and black the colors of Württemberg.
- cypher in gilt is that of Wilhelm I of Prussia later Kaiser Wilhelm I.
- Above that cypher there is a crown of Prussia.
- underlay is white and extends beyond the actual shoulder board.
- Slip on variety of shoulder boards. (This is common for officers of the rank of Major and above.)
This shoulder board is in excellent condition and is desirable not only for its condition but for the elite regiment that it comes from